Submission Call: The Anarchist Poetry Project
Poem Length: 3 poems up to 5 pages total
Poetry Payment: $30 per poem + contributor copy
Submissions Open: Closed
Expected Publication: 2022
Editors: Mimi German, J.D. Harlock, Justine Norton-Kertson
The theme of the book is Building Better Worlds. We’re interested in what those better Anarchist worlds and systems look like. Poems that somehow relate to that theme within the context of anarchism will have a better chance of being accepted.
In particular, we love speculative literature (scifi, fantasy, hopepunk and other -punk subgenres, magical realism, etc). But even if your poem doesn’t fall into such genres, we still want you to submit it as long as you identify as an anarchist, and your poems are in some way about or related to anarchism and building better worlds.
There is no submission fee.
A Kickstarter will be launched this summer to fund production and printing of APP volume 1.
General Submission Guidelines
- Only one submission per person.
- Each submission can include up to 3 poems totaling no more than 5 pages.
- Accepted file types: .docx preferred, .txt, and .pdf also accepted
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us right away if any of your poems are accepted elsewhere by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are only accepting unpublished work for this project.
- If you wish to remain anonymous, we prefer you use a pen name. But you are welcome to submit your work anonymously if you’d like.
We do not accept work that
- holds up capitalism and corporations as the solution to social problems. We also do not accept work that is classist, reactionary, fascist, or that glorifies imperialism.
- is X-rated or overly gruesome in nature.
- espouses views that are racist, anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, Hinduphobic, anti-Sikh, xenophobic, or anti-immigrant, patriarchal, sexist, toxically masculine, fatphobic, misogynist, heteronormative, queerphobic, or transphobic, ableist (like ecoprimitavism) audistic, or that discriminates against marginalized groups in any way (Punching up is okay).
We also will not accept work that
- disparages sex workers, or that glorifies or sexualizes violence against them.
- glorifies or sexualizes violence against people of marginalized genders or races.
- reduces people from marginalized genders or races to objects or otherwise dehumanizes them.
- sexualizes or glorifies violence against children.
- If we accept your work, then you grant first worldwide print and electronic publication rights, and you guarantee that the submission is your own work.
- In addition, we reserve nonexclusive archival and anthology rights to all work we accept for publication.
- We don’t ever own your work. All rights return to the author immediately upon publication.
- If you publish your work elsewhere at a later date, we kindly ask that you credit the original publisher.
Submissions will only be accepted via the form linked below. We are not accepting submissions for this project via email. Submissions sent via email will be deleted without a response.