Will all fiction become climate fiction? Join us and write climate fiction in the age of climate disaster! 6 sessions, 3 hours per session.
Will all fiction become climate fiction? Climate change and climate disaster are such an ever-present reality that it’s becoming more and more difficult for any fiction writer to completely ignore it.
What is climate fiction? Is it literary or genre fiction? What are it’s common themes and tropes? How do you write a climate fiction story?
These questions will be answered and more in this interactive course on writing climate fiction. The course is six Saturday sessions that are three hours per session, for a total of 18 hours of in-class engagement time (1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/5).
The course has a manageable workload, no required textbook purchases, and includes:
- learning the key elements of writing fiction and climate fiction
- interactive activities and climate fiction writing
- reading and discussing examples of climate fiction
- weekly peer and facilitator feedback
Facilitated by Justine Norton-Kertson, Editor-in-Chief of Android Press and Solarpunk Magazine.
- Sessions will be recorded and available to all attendees for no additional cost.